These are literally a spiral of pizza joy! Once you start serving these they will disappear faster than you can make more. The following list will make 16 pieces.
- 1 Box, frozen Puff Pastry – I prefer Pepperidge Farm
- 1 can pizza sauce – I prefer Don Peppino
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – I prefer Whole Milk
- Pepperoni slices cut into ½ circles
As early as 24 hours before you’re ready to serve:
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets – remove from box and place on a greased baking sheet. DO NOT UNFOLD FROZEN. This will take 3-4 hours, so plan accordingly
- Unroll a sheet of pastry onto a cutting board, being careful not to break the sheet at the folds
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the pastry into eight (8) equal strips
- Take a single strip and spread pizza sauce across the entire surface
- Line up ½ round pepperoni slices in an overlapping manner with the rounded end hanging over the top edge
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese across the entire piece
- Staring on one end, carefully roll the pastry into a tight spiral
- Place rolled up piece in mini-muffin tin
- These prepared pieces can be refrigerated for 24 hours before baking – if storing, cover in plastic wrap
When you are ready to serve:
- Preheat oven to 400 – convection if you have it
- Place mini-muffin tin of pieces into oven
- Cooking time will vary depending on oven characteristics. They will take at least 5 minutes, but possibly as many as 15. Watch them closely, when the cheese and pepperoni are bubbling, they are done.
- Place muffin tin on heat-safe surface for at least 5 minutes – they will be VERY HOT and fragile
- Once pan and roses have a cooled a bit, transfer to a plate and serve. These little puppies hold heat well, so waiting a few minutes before serving will prevent scalded guests!